The Department of Science is the result of the integration of various scientific disciplines once relating to the Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Natural Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Condensed Matter Physics and Earth Science, sharing scientific research methods and carrying out research through the production of experimental data and the consequent elaboration of theories and interpretative models.
Priority objectives of the department are:
- To become a reference point in the fields of Biology, Chemistry, Condensed Matter Physics and Earth Science, able to develop basic and applied research and provide quality teaching.
- To promote scientific excellence in research and advanced teaching, also allocating funds according to the evaluation criteria adopted at a national level by independent regulatory bodies and to the project management and fundraising skills. To develop, through the integration of different scientific competences, innovative and multidisciplinary research lines.
- To strengthen international collaborations in the various research areas.
- To further increase, through the development of applied research, collaboration with local authorities as well as with public and private companies.
- To provide high quality teaching combining theoretical activities with a high amount of experimental and laboratory experiences and integrating basic training with specific professional activities, in order to meet the demands of the labour market.
- To strengthen already implemented initiatives in order to enhance the internationalisation of teaching.
- To provide and promote PhD training which is currently organised in PhD schools and PhD courses.
Following the positive experience of the originating departments the Department of Science acts as a high quality teaching and research integrated unit, in which scientific expertise in a wide range of disciplines provides the basis for the development of research lines, as well as innovative and interdisciplinary teaching activities which are able to compete in different national and international contexts.
|Website||Link identifier #identifier__7216-1http://www.scienze.uniroma3.it/|
|Director||Link identifier #identifier__69859-2SETTIMIO MOBILIO
|Administration and Management Secretariat||
Link identifier #identifier__11514-3RITA ZAMBORLINI
Phone: 06 57336287
Fax: 06 57336405
Link identifier #identifier__4568-4SILVIA CHIAPPA
Phone: 06 57338098
Fax: 06 57338209
Link identifier #identifier__181552-5GUIDO LAJ
Phone: 06 57336448
Fax: 06 57336450